Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Installing Chrome on Vista

I was really upset as Chrome was not getting installed on my vista machine and was scratching my head. The error was

(If you get the error message “Send request returned 0×80042197. Http status code 407." , After a while, i figured that it may be because my proxy requires a password (ie authenticate).
I did a research on google and found below comment. (No pun intended from my end)

The Chrome installer is trying to download itself, but the geniuses (yes, really) at google forgot to put in a password input box. Until Google releases an updated installer, you can download the full Chrome installer here:

http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/149.29/chrome_installer.exe

But my favorite remains FLOCK, Its the best!!!. I eveb blogged this using flock!!!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: